Tabular Editor 3.0.6
- Download Tabular Editor 3.0.6 (64 bit) (recommended)
- Download Tabular Editor 3.0.6
- Portable versions: x64, x86
If you haven't used Tabular Editor 3 before, you are eligible to a 30 day trial, which can be requested after installation. You can also purchase a license.
NOTE: If you previously installed one of the BETA builds, you will have to manually uninstall that before installing this new version.
- Table Import Wizard didn't make it to this release due to some high-priority bugs that had to be fixed. It will be available ASAP! As a work around, simply create a new table and specify the partition query (SQL or M). Then, right-click the table and choose "Update Table Schema..." to import columns.
- See roadmap for more information.
Improvements in 3.0.6:
- Support for consultancy licenses. More details.
- DAX queries now display row counts and timings (see issue #10)
- DAX queries are now limited to 1000 rows by default, to prevent timeouts/memory issues. This limit can be changed in Tools > Preferences > Data Browsing > DAX Query.
- Columns in the DAX query results can now be sorted and filtered (local sorting/filtering only). See issue #60
- Data from grids (DAX query results, Table Preview, etc.) can now be copied to the clipboard
- When copying a DAX expression the syntax highlighting is now preserved on the clipboard. See issue #80.
- When adding a calculated table through a C# script expression, the semantic analyzer now immediately adds the calculated table columns to the table based on the DAX expression (instead of after script execution).
- Updated TOM client library to v. 184.108.40.206
- Portable versions (.zip) now available. Remember that you have to manually register Tabular Editor 3 with Power BI Desktop if using the portable version.
Bugfixes in 3.0.6:
- Can now use the
SelectMeasureetc. methods in C# scripts (similar to Tabular Editor 2.x), see #44.
CustomActionC# script method now works properly, see #79.
- Better reestablishing of connections to AS (should see fewer "connection lost" crashes)
- Best Practice Analyzer can now be instantiated through a C# script:
new TabularEditor.Shared.BPA.Analyzer();- this is different than in Tabular Editor 2.x in which the Analyzer class resided in a different namespace. See issue #45
- Copy operations are now supported when folders are selected, see #84
- Improved filtering of date columns in the Table Preview, see #77
- Fixed a bug where semantic engine feature overrides were not in effect, see #62.